Saturday, July 13, 2013

Serenity: 8 days old (Gestation age: 25 weeks 3 days)

Today I am unmotivated to write. There is not much in the way of new information to tell. However, I know that everyone has been enjoying knowing how she is doing.

I talked to the nurse this morning and she said that everything was about the same as it was yesterday. They did give her some pallets to help her blood clot a little better. They also talked about changing some of her IV settings. But other than that, there hasn't been much change.

One good thing though, is the drain seems to be doing it's job. I'm so thankful that it is working and getting all of the toxic bacteria out of her tiny little body. Now we just have to pray that the hole heals quickly and that she does not get an infection.

Thank you all for your continued prayers for Serenity and for our family. This has been one of the hardest things I have ever experienced, I believe. I have been trying to trust God completely and have grown closer to Him throughout this whole thing -- but I am very human, and sometimes it is hard to trust. I know, though, that whatever God's plan is for our sweet Serenity, it will be what is perfect for her. That is hard to fathom, but it is also comforting knowing that God has her very best interest in mind.

I love you all, and I thank you for caring so much about our baby girl, and for keeping her in you prayers.

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

*Philippians 4:6-7 (NLT)*

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for being so honest. We have been praying constantly for you, Ryan, Serenity, and Liam. I know it is difficult to put the faith we preach into practice, especially with our children, and I will continue to pray for strength and patience for you. Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all the prayers! We appreciate them!

      Delete
  2. Hi, my name is Analee. My family goes to church with Kelli and Chad and I have been following your story. I think of you often and pray for you often! I love Philippians 4....I pray you will experience that perfect peace that only God can give and that you would have wisdom from Him in all the decisions and things to come! So glad that you know and love Him...He never let's you go even during the times you may feel so dry and it is hard to trust...He still loves you and is holding you up! I pray you will feel God's loving care with you in a very real way tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Analee,
      Thank you for your prayers--even though you don't know us! That means a lot to us! We appreciate it greatly. :)

      And thank you for the encouraging words. :)

      Delete